Viale Certosa, 84034 Padula SA, Italy
84 column. 320 rooms. An area of 51.500 m2 with an extended cloister for 12.000 m2 which makes it the largest in the world. These are some of the numbers that make the Certosa di Padula, the largest in Italy. Dedicated to San Lorenzo, It was founded in 1306 by Thomas Sanseverino, who gave the order of the Carthusians. The main part is baroque and tells over 450 of history, with millions of people who trampled its entry. Today the Certosa houses the Provincial Archaeological Museum of Western Lucania, with a collection of finds from the excavations of the necropolis of Sala Consilina and Padula.