The village of San Leucio is located on the road network that leads toward Caserta Caiazzo and the Volturno valley.
Ferdinand IV after having had the insight to create a small community totally focused on weaving silk and similar, I create the city of San Leucio. The community made up as he obtained important concessions on social and legislative. Inside the Belvedere Palace rooms were built for the reeling, spinning, dyeing silk and the school and around this structure housing for workers.
The whole village was organized in the center the "Silk Square" and the eighteenth-century portal, access to the majestic palace-spinning mill and neighborhoods with the workers' houses. With the unification of Italy the mill passed to the State and the productive activity was given in concession.
History, art and culture
In 1750 Charles III of Bourbon bought this site in which, by Ferdinand IV, he founded the Royal Colony of San Leucio, which it was part of a project for the construction of a small ideal city in which to give birth to an innovative system of social reforms, with enlightened laws of the mold and to a corporate form linked to the production and processing of silk. The production originated in San Leucio silk dates back to 1776 with the opening of a small manufactory of silk veils, which he developed until the processing, in 1785, silk stockings.
Around the building of the Silk, in Belvedere Palace houses for workers they were built, rooms for reeling, spinning and dyeing the silk, and the school. The whole village was organized in the center the "Silk Square" and the eighteenth-century portal, access to the majestic palace-spinning mill and neighborhoods, with the workers' houses. These houses are still occupied today, and they were all the same, with the same height, same opening and the same cornice; also they had a vegetable garden and a garden and were arranged on two levels.
With the unification of Italy the mill passed to the State and the productive activity was given in concession.